Thursday 9 September 2010

Wedding Chair Backs



Well, wedding chair covers and sashes has been the vogue for a number of years . Is it me, or are the options available to brides somewhat limited?

I understand that tying on an organza sash, which can look very pretty when done well (and frankly ghastly when done badly!) is the simplest way to decorate a chair. However, I looked around for other options, and there simply weren't any. Go Glorious was in part born out of the desire to offer choice in this particular area. My team and I have designed the cotton 'flat bow' sash, which is extremely elegant.  Not the easiest thing to design, but perseverence has lead to a superb alternative. I shouldn't be proud, but I am! These sashes are adjustable, and fasten with velcro. All the seams are completely covered, so there are no unsightly edges. Watch this space for a wedding I'm doing shortly at Chatsworth. The bride has chosen a white cotton sash over a white cotton chair cover - and the effect is just gorgeous. It creates a really sophisticated and classic look.

I currently have sample sashes in white, ivory and black. I've opted for a slub taffeta for the latter as it suits black better.  I also have a range of prints; pink polka dot, Cath Kidston ditsy prints (gorgeous!) and gingham.  There are so many options with these. For a vintage look, a combination of check/spot or ditsy print look great when alternated. The bow can be placed on a plain background band, and the overall effect is divine.  And talking of combining fabrics, how about chair back bunting - almost too cute for words!

The bow sashes also convert wonderfully to a classic, contemporary or themed weddings.


Can I also add that they also fit perfectly. Somewhat overly attentive to detail, I'm fanatical about a good fit on the chair cover itself, and the sash. Although I don't own the covers,  I sub-contract to a company whose standards are as high as mine. And, as an added bonus they give me a discount which I pass on directly to the bride if they are hiring my sashes.

I am continually working on additional options, not least the feather boa. These look truly amazing as chair decoration - so sumptuous and tactile! A winter wedding with fluffy white boas on the chairs....ooo, can you imagine?

If you have inspiration on this subject - do let me know. Go Glorious will cater for bespoke designs, and will soak up ideas and suggestions like a sponge!



                                     

3 comments:

  1. All set ups were all great! Love the black and white themed table! It is more sophisticated and elegant compared to other wedding chair backs!

    Folding Chair Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorate the chairs with the fabric swaths, ribbon flowers, silk flowers and buttons. Use curling ribbon in coordinating colors to tie the balloons to the chair backs. Thanks.
    Sashes

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I purchase a sample in black

    ReplyDelete